The Digital Resource for Carers, which has been developed by Carers UK, is now available in the Wakefield district. This online resource offers valuable, up to date information for Carers to support them in their caring role. All products and resources are free to access.
The core elements of the Digital Resource are:
- About Me: building resilience for carers: an e-learning resource that helps carers identify and build networks of support and promotes their self-care.
- Jointly: Carers UK’s care co-ordination app for people sharing care.
- The role of good nutrition when caring for someone: an e-learning course that aims to help carers understand the role of nutrition both for themselves as well as the person they are looking after.
- Upfront Guide to Caring: a simple assessment tool to guide people new to caring, or seeking support for the first time, to navigate the Carers UK website.
- Looking after someone: Carers Rights Guide: this guide helps carers understand their rights as a carer and where to go for financial or practical help.
- Being Heard – a self-advocacy guide for carers: which helps carers develop the skills to self-advocate.
- Technology and care: Information on how technology can support caring, what solutions are available and how to access relevant products and services.
- Access to local services: Information about local services for Carers and how to access local support to help Carers in the Wakefield district in their caring role.
To use the Digital Resource:
- go to carersdigital.org
- to create new account, type in your email address and a personal password which you need to remember, and the free access code DGTL7298 (You only need to use this code once when you are creating your account).
- You will then be sent an email from the site admin – click on the link and type in your email address and personal password.
- You do now have access to all of the resources on the site and you can access as many times as you like. Go to log in, type in your email address and personal password.
We have more information about the Carers Digital Tool on our Publications page